Dell updates Vostro laptops with Core i3, i5 and i7 CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Dell has announced an update to its line of business-oriented laptops that will bring new designs and improved performance. The new Vostro 3000 series is made up of four models: the 13.3-inch 3300, 14.0-inch 3400, 15.6-inch 3500 and the 17.3-inch 3700. All feature the latest processors technology from Intel, including several Core i3 or i5 dual-core options on all models and a Core i7 quad-core configuration on the Vostro 3700.

Each system can also carry up to 6GB of RAM, a 500GB HDD, an extended 9-cell battery and discrete graphics. The two smaller systems have the option of a GeForce 310M, while the Vostro 3700 can use a 1GB GeForce GT 330M. A touch screen display option for the 15.6-inch model will be available in April. Other features include a built-in webcam, optical drive, HDMI-out and all the connectivity options you'd expect from a business laptop.

The systems come housed in thin aluminum shells and will ship in bronze, red or silver colors. Pricing is not half bad, either -- the Dell Vostro 3300 will start at $669, the 3400 and 3500 will start at $649, and the 3700 will start at $679. All models include a year of Dell ProSupport and CompleteCare.

Permalink to story.

I have to say that a Core i7 17.3 inch laptop at $680 is a nice package. The 3700 looks very attractive for a work laptop.

wagan8r said:
I have to say that a Core i7 17.3 inch laptop at $680 is a nice package. The 3700 looks very attractive for a work laptop.
Haha! I just went to the Dell website. More like Core i3 for $680 with 2GB RAM, etc. Not quite as good as I originally thought!

Yeah the "Core i7 quad-core configuration on the Vostro 3700. " starts at $1493. For my personal consideration i think the HP dv8t starting at $1,249 looks better. But i guess this is targeting business customers so it has a little different price/support structure.

hello ...

this is not yet available in my part of the world, must check global stores online, nice price tag for the specs!

cheers!

I could never understand why dell offers a business line of laptops that are not offered to the general public. Why limit supply to business only? The business line has a better build quality so why not give people more choice? The specs of the 17 inch are not bad for the quad core.

waterytowers said:
I could never understand why dell offers a business line of laptops that are not offered to the general public. Why limit supply to business only? The business line has a better build quality so why not give people more choice? The specs of the 17 inch are not bad for the quad core.

then how will people like me, buy the inspiron line.....

it seems like DELL is finally analyzing consumer's needs and is also paying attention on the prices of its products! good to see that! DELL is no. 1! i think so! their after sales service is also great! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DELL! n waiting for more such products from it!

rskapadia2294 said:
it seems like DELL is finally analyzing consumer's needs and is also paying attention on the prices of its products! good to see that! DELL is no. 1! i think so! their after sales service is also great! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DELL! n waiting for more such products from it!

Getting there - but if you look at the options/price points they still aren't great from my perspective.

rskapadia2294 said:
amen to that, especially towards the business consumers I think they're great laptops great specs, not to mention ALL models come with Dell's ProSupport and CompleteCare, Dell's support in my opinion is one of the best and I think it's a you get what you pay for kind'a thing.

They ARE available to the general public. What is preventing you to buy one?
It's for home office/small business. I bought an older model Vostro for home - no company was required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back