TechSpot

Dell Venue Pro finally available, ships on December 9

By Emil
Dec 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Dell has officially announced its Venue Pro, the only vertical-Qwerty Windows Phone 7 smartphone. The Dell Venue Pro is available immediately at Microsoft retail stores, Store.Microsoft.com, and directly from Dell (Dell.com/VenuePro or 1-800-308-DELL).

Read the whole story

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

This phone's price is an insult.

3. The "without contract" price seems the same as other new smart phones. But what do I know, I'm still rocking the Samsung Glyde, O.O lol

4. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

This story read more as advertisement then actual journalism, either way not buying the phone.

I have little interest in windows 7 phones and based on windows 7 phone sales so does most of the world.

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

Not it isn't, Samsung Galaxy S (an android phone) with storage card costed me in the range of 600$.

If I'd rate current OSes, I'd say Android seems / feels like a copy of iOS (but a refined one at that), whereas, interface of WP7 (I happened to try Omnia 7) feels something new and refreshing, however, my only reason for not buying Omnia 7 (despite its all exceptionally good hardware) was incomplete OS. To refresh your memory iPhone/android both didn't had many of the functions at launch as well; so it would be better to wait for couple of years at least, before one may start writing any obituary of WP7.

6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Which is pretty the reason i kept my SGS, I have no interest in a developing OS like windows 7, especially when Android is more complete and does what i need it to.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.