TechSpot

Dell Venue Pro finally available, ships on December 9

By Emil
Dec 1, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Dell has officially announced its Venue Pro, the only vertical-Qwerty Windows Phone 7 smartphone. The Dell Venue Pro is available immediately at Microsoft retail stores, Store.Microsoft.com, and directly from Dell (Dell.com/VenuePro or 1-800-308-DELL).

Read the whole story

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

This phone's price is an insult.

3. The "without contract" price seems the same as other new smart phones. But what do I know, I'm still rocking the Samsung Glyde, O.O lol

4. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

This story read more as advertisement then actual journalism, either way not buying the phone.

I have little interest in windows 7 phones and based on windows 7 phone sales so does most of the world.

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,680   +85

Not it isn't, Samsung Galaxy S (an android phone) with storage card costed me in the range of 600$.

If I'd rate current OSes, I'd say Android seems / feels like a copy of iOS (but a refined one at that), whereas, interface of WP7 (I happened to try Omnia 7) feels something new and refreshing, however, my only reason for not buying Omnia 7 (despite its all exceptionally good hardware) was incomplete OS. To refresh your memory iPhone/android both didn't had many of the functions at launch as well; so it would be better to wait for couple of years at least, before one may start writing any obituary of WP7.

6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Which is pretty the reason i kept my SGS, I have no interest in a developing OS like windows 7, especially when Android is more complete and does what i need it to.