Dell Vostro 1500, Graphics upgradable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

don101

Hi there,
this is pretty much my first time to post on any forum so dont expect it to be a perfect post.:)
The story is, i aquired a dell vostro 1500, and the only graphics device in it is Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family...
I was just wondering, since id like to be able to play games above 40 fps on lowest graphics, is it possible to put anything dedicated into it? and how easy/costly/etc is it?

cheers in advance.

VGA components on laptop are almost never upgradeable I'm afraid. There's very little you can other than lowering the games' resolutions & visual effects.

Didou said:
VGA components on laptop are almost never upgradeable I'm afraid. There's very little you can other than lowering the games' resolutions & visual effects.

Ok, thanks for replying.
when i googled it, i saw pages about upgrading from something like a 8400gt to a 8600gts. However these laptops had com with a graphics card in it originally. Is that the difference?

I think at best you can order the laptop with a faster VGA part assembled in it but once purchased I don't think you have the option to upgrade it.

The graphics chip is on the motherboard, it is NOT a replaceable card. To upgrade the video you would have to change the laptops motherboard. You would never change a laptops motherboard for this reason

Yes

I found this post at random and this may be a bit late but the graphics card on the vostro 1500 is in fact upgradeable, there is a Nvidia 8600M GT available. It has a inverse MMX style slot that the graphics card and its heat sink attaches too. Hope that helps

thanks but..

too late for me now! laptops is going back within a month so it doesnt matter any more! thanks anyway all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back