Dell will not start, power adapter okay

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100. I have checked the adapter/charger and it is putting out he correct 19V.

However, the LED lights on the battery do not indicate anything. After charging for 10 hours, I push the power button and nothing happens....no screen activity, whirling, noise, etc.

I have tried starting with adapter connected and not connnected.

Could a battery be so dead that the computer will not turn on?

Or is it the MB or bios?

Thanks.

Try removing the battery and starting the laptop using only the AC adapter. If you still get nothing, the motherboard is most likely bad

I tried removing the battery and powering up. Nothing.

It would seem that the MB is bad, but my only glimmer of hope is that the little LED lights on the battery aren't registering anything when plugged in. Shouldn't they show charging and charging level even if the MB is kaput?

It is possible your power connector has worked loose (from its soldered joint) and has therefore failed. It's also possible your charger unit is kicking out 19v but absolutely no amperage.

I would try the laptop with another Dell charger before making any rash decisions.

"Shouldn't they show charging and charging level even if the MB is kaput?"...

No, a dead charging circuit on the motherboard often occurs causing no charging lights to be present. Dell parts are expensive, so you should try another AC adapter before you do anything else

Back