TechSpot

Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook shipping now, starting at $999

By Shawn Knight
Feb 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Dell’s first Ultrabook is now on sale and it’s attracting quite a bit of attention on the web today. Starting at $999, the super-thin XPS 13 is being called oneā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. I'm in LOOOOVE!!!
  3. wow Dell really is desparate to catch up with apple. now they are completely cloning Apple's laptops. the biggest problem with this new one however is not the hardware; its the OS
  4. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

I just want to know, does the fan scream like my Macbook? Do other Ultrabooks have loud fans? I don't think people realize just how annoying a loud fan can be. My Macbook barely allows me to watch a movie unless I have it full blast.
  5. Even the pricey $1499.99 model is hobbled by a productivity-killing "720p" (1366x768) screen with no option to upgrade.

Try again Dell, you'll get it right one day.
  6. I have a Lenovo 300s Ultrabook and their is no fan noise that is audible...
  7. In what world does a 720p res. affect productivity?? Its a 13" sceen, that is the perfect resolution for that size.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.