TechSpot

Dell XPS 600, Doesn't Boot up into logo

By Joss21
Mar 12, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alright, I've had this computer for a few years now and its worked perfectly up to a couple nights ago. I wasn't even here, i was at work that day and came home. When i went to get up the next morning and play, it wouldn't boot. Now the weird part is, when i boot it up, it goes to the boot screen sometimes, and it will say, keyboard failure, system battery failure, floppy drive failure (don't have a floppy drive) Sometimes it will boot and crazy **** will appear on the screen. Like just weird colors and textures.

After booting up, the power button is green and the number 4 is lit, and it also looks like the number 3 is faintly lit for some reason. when i manage to get to the boot screen, the computer just goes black after i select go to the bios, or after keyboard failure press f12, it dies again. but if I try again, it just boots to a black screen and doesnt even go to the logo.

Anyone out there who could help me with this problem? i'm hoping its just a system battery problem, but i think it may be more.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,832   +164

Take a strong look at the power supply too. It may need to be replaced
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.