Dell XPS keeps going off every 10-15 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Had the motherboard replaced twice... fan works... cpu is good dont relly know whats wrong

laptop is only about 6-7 months old

dell told me to do a scan for hardware to see whats bad but while doing the scan it goes off...

Thanks

Have you checked the "power" options for the shutdown process and time? What version of Windows are you running, Windows 7? Motherboard replaced twice in 6 months???? did you buy a lemon or are you real tough on laptops?

Have you checked the "power" options for the shutdown process and time? What version of Windows are you running, Windows 7? Motherboard replaced twice in 6 months???? did you buy a lemon or are you real tough on laptops?

yes all my setting for the power says never never never.., yes i have windows 7 im thinking the fan dont work i dont see it spinning ,but the dell ppl said the fan dont turn on untill the cpu starts getting hot to cool it down...

The fan should run immediately when the laptop first starts up, then stop for a while, then run constantly. If you never hear or feel it running, it is bad

Hahahahah funny one Tmagic, "did you buy a lemon or are you real tough on laptops?" i also think its a cooling system problem, i would suggest downloading temperature monitoring tools like "Speedfan" is should tell you whats under the hood. Otherwise i thats not the case then i suggest that you run a hardware diagonistic tool, it could be you ram killing you.
Hope it helps

Cheers

Hahahahah funny one Tmagic, "did you buy a lemon or are you real tough on laptops?" i also think its a cooling system problem, i would suggest downloading temperature monitoring tools like "" is should tell you whats under the hood. Otherwise i thats not the case then i suggest that you run a hardware diagonistic tool, it could be you ram killing you.
Hope it helps

Cheers

the laptop supports up to 4gb or ram it has 4 gb of ram

thanks for the tools...

i cant run the hardware diagonistic i tried the laptops goes off while doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back