Dell XPS M1530

By Arabella0904
Oct 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

I am attempting to fix my laptop.

A few days ago it started acting up and it will not work properly anymore.

It will not log into Normal mode, it requires safe mode every-time and it works fine there.

Before when it started to mess up when it logged into normal mode it would hang and freeze, it would also run check-disk before the login page. Now when i log into normal it displays the user select and i enter password and it goes to a black-screen. On the black-screen it shows the mouse, able to move it but not do anything with it. Occasionally, not every-time, it blue screens after sitting at black-screen for long time.

The dump is attached below.

I have tried restoring it to a week before the problem arised, as well as updated every driver and uninstalled all the unnecessary programs. I've run registry cleaners and ccleaners and disabled everything from start-up. I uninstalled my previous antivirus and installed Avast. I cannot run it in safe-mode so I can't check for viruses. I have tried the start-up repair with no errors.

I am pretty good with computers, but this has stumped me. Please, any advice or things to try would be great!

It is only about a year or so old and it is a:

Dell XPS M1530 running:
    Windows Vista Home Premium Version
    6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

View attachment Mini100111-01.zip

Thanks in advance! This is starting to drive me crazy!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,450   +135

"It will not log into Normal mode, it requires safe mode every-time and it works fine there"...
    This tells us that a Windows driver is a fault. Can you perform a system or factory restore of the laptop?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.