Dell XPS Monitor turning off?

By jaketg99
Dec 4, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys i finally got through all my problems ( i thought) and went to use my laptop and about an hour after turning it on the moniter seemed to turn off i couldn't seem to get it back on with any buttons i pushed.

is this a common problem or is it a energy saver feature???

i have windows Vista ultimate on there this has happened 3 times so far today and it is really starting to bug me .

only solution i've found is to turn off the whole computer and then restart it, though i do not like shutting it down that way i c no other way to turn the moniter on
  2. lamo

lamo Newcomer, in training Posts: 570

tell the exact model of your laptop.
  3. jaketg99

jaketg99 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 16

Dell XPS M1330

**edit** i have changed all energy saving features off so that it never shuts down to save energy for any reason... and it still shuts down sometimes even while i'm in the middle of doing something
  4. lamo

take the laptop back to the store. this is warranty case(death of videochip).
  5. jaketg99

and if i bought it 2nd hand and don't have old owners info for dell to change ownership.... ??
  6. lamo

it doesn't matter. check the warranty status of your laptop onto dell's web site and if your laptop still in warranty cover - take it directly to dell.
  7. jaketg99

:) the warrenty was started just in august of this year so i'll se what i can do
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.