Desk top freeses

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwinger

I have windows vista and lately my desk top freeses and at time so does my web browser. I have to hit control,alt, delete then cancel out then the desk top works again only to freeze again after a few minutes, then i have to repeate the prosses. what causes this and how can i fix it?

also im running a 8800 gts
Untitledsdwede.jpg

Little by little, post by post...

Video card Vista drivers? Try older Vista drivers. How long has this been happening? Try giving me as much detail as you can. Your original post was severely lacking in important information. You are running a Quad Core Q6600 and Vista Home Premium, just like I am. I don't know why your info only shows 2 cores

theres no Q in front of my 6600 i know its quad ready but only runnig 2? mabe?.
also it seemed to do this once b4 in the past about 2 months ago then stoped and now its back. the only thing i thought it might have been was yahoo im but i deleted and uninstalled it. and i havent had any recient updates lately.so im totally lost. sorry i couldnt be more informitive. :-( as far as the vista drivers im running the same ones that i had to prior to this issue.

My Q6600 is running at 2.4GHz, maybe yours is only a 2.4GHz Dual core. Have you installed all the Vista updates? Vista SP2 is out, so please check for this using Windows Update. If no updates are available, it will tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back