Resolved Desktop and Laptop crashed. Cannot boot. Virus help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a beginner here so go easy. Not a good day. Yesterday while browsing the web on my HP laptop, it suddenly crashed. I tried to restart it and it reaches the HP screen then the screen turn black and reads something like reboot from harddisk, press any key. Then keeps repeating the same message over and over. I have tried inserting the windows reboot CD with no luck. The bad part is that my wife was on our desktop at the same time and the same exact thing happened. At first I thought that it might be a bad hard drive on the laptop but to have both systems crash at the same time surely means I was struck by something big. So first question is, are both my computers lost?

Second question, In the mean time I connected our old desktop just to be able to get online and have since noticed that our DSL is intermittent. It will work for a half hour to an hour then the DSL light turns red.

I need some help here guys. The issues could be separate but at this point i'm pretty scared.

Thanks in advance.

our DSL is intermittent.
I was struck by something big.

If the DSL modem/router has gone back, the only thing you will probably lose is any work that was open at the time. But the one thing the two computers have in common is connecting through the DSL and getting on, the internet.

Connecting a 3rd computer and having the DSL blink intermittently points to equipment failure.

Please contact your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back