Desktop picture changes when computer is shut down (XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimflint1

For some reason, when I shut off my computer and turn it back on, the picture on my desktop changes. I have a program that shows religious buildings--and I like the program. It never used to assert itself and become the desktop photo until now. Right now, I want to use a particular photo of my son who will be away for two years, so it's particularly frustrating to find that photo replaced by something else (even though that something else are a series of photos I also like). How can I remove this series of photos from my desktop list without deleting them from the computer altogether? I may want to use them again sometime, and I no longer have the original disk they came from.

Thanks,

Shane

click start, then run, and type msconfig into the run box.

When the window appears, click on the startup tab. This is a list of programmes that start when you start your computer. You can stop a programme from starting by unticking the check box. Once you`ve finished, click apply/ok.

You will be prompted to restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, a dialogue box will appear telling you that you have used msconfig to make changes etc. Tick the box that says don`t run msconfig the next time you sart your computer.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back