Desktop stuck on BIOS/boot screen

khizersozay

Desktop stuck on bios /boot screen and wont boot windows. It has done this a few times befor, so i stopped powering it down. I have installed windows 7 to replace the pirated version of XP that was on it when i bought the PC. Its a custom built desktop with a AsRock motherboard, dual amd athlon 64 4000+ with 4 1 gig sticks of ddr2 ram, nvidia Gs video card. I have checked the ram one stick at a time, checked my hard drive in wifes PC and worked fine, put hers in my PC and no luck. Was told could be mother board battery "i didnt think so either but.." so i replaced the battery. I know a small bit about PC's ..but this one is beyond me. There where 2 options befor i pulled the battery out. Boot menu and setup. After i pulled the batt. there is only boot menu "F11" now. And i still cant select it.It does however tell me it is in dual ram mode, and tells me the procesor speed and make, so i would think the motherboard isnt bad. Any one have any ideas?

A little update. Last night i let it sit on the bios screen for a few hours.It at some point did something, i looked at the screen and there was more writen on it. Among other things its now said ....S.M.A.R.T capable but disabled, CMOS checksum bad, CMOS date/time not set. this help more then my last post?

Back