Desktop will not start

Help...

I unpluged by mistake, at the wall, my computor while it was on.

Now It will not start.!!??!.......?

When i try to start it the fan comes on but nothing else

I have cleaned the inside and unpluged and repluged everything..no help

The cd disks drives will not open...but if i unplug them they will open (?) I tryed to put a boot disk in cd drive but no help.

I also removed ram and tryed to start ..no beeps

Any thoughts power suppy motherboard??

Thanks

Bob

Pull out the CMOS battery (silver coin-shaped battery on the motherboard) with the computer unplugged. Wait a minute and re-install the battery. Boot the computer and make sure the date and time are correct if the computer comes up

Thanks tryed that. No luck.

Fan runs cpu fan runs ...two small lights on the front do not light up

Light on cd is on but will not open unless i unplug the ribon plug on the back of cd

Wondering if my switch is partially burt out? How to check. .?

Or what else

I thinking of getting a new computer and pulling the hard drive out and using it as a second one...important work info on hard drive...is that hard to do?

Any help thanks

Bob

"I'm thinking of getting a new computer and pulling the hard drive out and using it as a second one...important work info on hard drive...is that hard to do?"

No it's not hard to do, but if you open your new computer and add a hard drive, you will void any warranty. The power supply is probably bad, even though the fan runs. Of course, it could be a bad motherboard, but power supplies are cheaper and easier to replace

Back