Desperately seeking AGP graphics processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I'm new here and am desperately trying to find a GeForce 6800gt AGP 256mb video processor.

Here's my story: I have an Alienware computer that I purchased in June 2005 and use it mostly for gaming (World of Warcraft). Yesterday, my video card blew and I'm trying to find a replacement, which is the one state above.

They seem to be discontinued everywhere I look. Does anyone know where I can get one? Alien says I can't upgrade, so I really need this one.

Any help would be appreciated - gaming withdrawals are creeping in.

Specs:
1. Motherboard - ABIT AV8 1.5 Socket 939 K8 MB Motherboard
2. Graphic interface - AGP
3. Memory - Alienware 512MB DDR PC3200LL REV2 Memory
4. Processor - Athlon 64 3500 E 512KB Cache 929-PIN Processor
5. Power Supply Make/Model - Enermax EG465P-VE 24P ATX 1.3 460 Watt Power supply
6. Deskstar 80GB 8MB Cache Serial ATA II HD System Drive
7. AJIGO Athlon 64 Heatsink Fan MF043-044 Processor
8. GFX CK03-1225 Dual Slot Card Keeper Graphics Processor

I'm not very smart with computers, all of the above was copied from my invoice receipt. That being said, even though they said I can't upgrade, will something else work? Is it possible to upgrade to PCI? Will I be able to replace the graphic card myself?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
WallyWorld

The HD 3850 would be the fastest AGP card you can get, but a system with one would require a PSU with 20-22A on the +12V rail. Since your PC is at least 4 years old, I recommend that it have at least 27A or more to account for capacitor aging, unless you've replaced the PSU down the line.

If your PSU doesn't cut it, then get an HD 3650\2600XT, whichever is cheaper.

All the cards can be found at Newegg, TigerDirect and ZipZoomFly for $60-100, depending on which card you go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back