Deus Ex: Human Revolution gets PC screenshots, system requirements

By Emil
May 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

that's a pretty Hefty requirement consider the "recommended" - as we all know - is usually the minimum requirement.
  2. CamaroMullet

CamaroMullet TS Rookie Posts: 93

oooooooo, I can't wait to play it!
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

Now this is a game that I'm really excited for. :D
  4. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 376

hefty.. >.> hmm. Maybe I should get a better GPU. I have a feeling my 5850 is holding back my 8gb of DDR3 and i5 760 @ 4.0 >_>
  5. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Pretty hefty requirement for the recommended graphics although not surprising at all. I guess it's time to upgrade my GTX 275. I disagree with the last sentence of the article. The recommended specifications for Duke Nukem Forever are much lower than Deus Ex especially in the graphics department. This leads me to suspect that gamers may have to settle for 3-year old Direct X 9 graphics when the game ships.
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,408   +463

@fpsgamerJR62: Did you read the duke nukems requirements in the other post?
  7. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Yes, I did. The most telling parts were in the CPU and video card requirements. While the recommended specs for DNF were 2.4-2.6 Ghz socket 775/939/AM2 procs, the Deus Ex specs called for quad-core socket 775/AM3. Also, the recommended cards for DNF are the 3 year old 8800 GTS and HD 3850 while for Deus Ex, it is the more recent and more powerful HD 5850.
  8. freythman

freythman TS Booster Posts: 112   +10

There's nothing hefty at all about these requirements....
  9. Given that the game doesn't actually look all that spectacular, I wonder if the requirements are more of a fudge factor due to poor porting/optimization. Assassin's Creed ran like a dog on high-end PC hardware when it was ported over, and I wonder if the same factors are in play here.
  10. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

will be GOTY
  11. Modeazy

Modeazy TS Rookie Posts: 27

All I wanted to say.