Device not recognized

wallflower89

Hi this is the only place i could see where i could post this. If it is in the wrong place i am sorry.

I have an ipod nano i am trying to use. It is one of those "passed down" things. A cousin who had one but doesnt use it gave it to my brother who doesnt use it ect. And now i have it. From my research it is a second generation nano. (serial number: YM546ZY5TJT) I am trying to well put music on it and when i plug it into my computer i get "usb device not recognized" i have looked at the ipod website to try and figgure this out and nothing is working.
I honestly dont know what to do. I dislike Apple products generally. And am at a complete loss as to what to do.
Any and all help is appreciated.

If you dont have iTunes installed, the driver to recognize it may be missing, else is the cable or the iPods jack.

i have(had) itunes installed, and the cable apears to be visibly fine. I guess i will suck it up and find an apple store to take it to.

Try this too.

> Shutdown computer.
> Unplug the ipod AND TURN OFF the ipod
> Power up computer
> Does the ipod have its own AC adapter, if yes, connect it to ipod but keep ipod turned off
> Now plug in USB cable first and then you can turn the ipod back on

Back