DFI mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has been to the DFI website lately, but it has to be the SINGLE MOST IMPOSSIBLE site to navigate. There is no support or download section to speak of and the contact us segment is hard to find and understand.

Now, having said that, I recently reinstalled windows on my desktop. When I went online to get my drivers for my mobo, I was quite shocked to find I cannot locate them. I have a DFI Infinity NF 500 series board and I have googled every possible string I can think of and scoured their website trying to find SOMETHING to help me.

If anyone knows anything about this, and could help, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you.

-Izzy

Yeah, that last link is where I went, but they only have Vista drivers. @_@

I tried contacting someone there and thats the link they gave me, unfortunately I'm running XP, and I refuse to downgrade to Vista. (Can you tell I don't like vista?)

Edit: Haha, me too! Its my name on most places.

HellKitten,
Is this board running an AMD processor or SLI nvidia chipset? I was going to buy a DFI board for my next build, but after this... I thought ASUS was bad :(

AMD Athalon 6000+ and nVidia geForce 8800i. My brother gave the board to me, and told me it was supposed to be a good board, and I would trust his judgement.

I dislike ASUS, personally.

Are there any more numbers that may represent the model number of the motherboard? Infinity NF 500 is the series, but the actual model number might be NF570 or something else... I like DFI boards. They are built well and last a long time. The ASUS website was the worst I had seen since this DFI issue. If we can get closer to the actual model, I'm sure that we will find XP drivers. This motherboard is in the DFI archives

I'm not sure. There is nothing like 550 or 570, which are the separate individual models. I took a flashlight to the inside of my case, to no avail. But according to the website the drivers are the same for each. So I don't think that is much of a concern.

I was looking under the archived numbers and th NF570... some drivers were XP. What drivers do you need. They may be available from Nvidia. I still haven't been able to find your exact model

Dont buy DFI unless you want your pc to look like a garden, passed that, what I said is useless, sorry...humor.

I tried. :( They are the ones who directed me to the Vista drivers. Thinking I'm gonna write back and ask about XP drivers, but I emailed the wrong department, so I'm gonna try and find the right one.

okay this one has me stumped, try this hellkitten
Support Phone Number: 1-510-226-7500
im not sure, however i think this is the number i called with a motherboard jumper question once

I tried. They are the ones who directed me to the Vista drivers. Thinking I'm gonna write back and ask about XP drivers, but I emailed the wrong department, so I'm gonna try and find the right one.
Lol, I emailed sales@dfitech.com and told them they sent me vista drivers instead of XP drivers. I asked for a download link.

Well! Tech support finally called me back, and voila, I got my drivers! So all is happy and good in the land of Kitten. Thank you very much for everyone that tried to help me, I really appreciate it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back