DG834 not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caravel

Router not connecting (Netgear DG834v2)

Hi

I bought a Netgear DG834v2 wired router off ebay. It appeared as new. When I connected it to the dsl line and powered it up, the lights blinked, the check light illuminated and went out, then the dsl (WAN) light began to flash amber. Here we go I thought it'll flash about 5 or 6 times then turn a solid green, as did the DG632 I before it. It continues flashing amber then stops, then begins again, ad infinitum, never connecting. I've reset it a few times to no avail. I can log in via the web based interface, have set it up as normal, and have tried reducing the MTU, but this makes no difference. My old router, the DG632 WAN light went green when connected straight out of the box, so I'm not sure what the problem is with this one. A Speedtouch 330 USB modem connected to the same line also has no problem, this is set up with an MTU of 1500. PPPoA and PPPoE make no difference to the DG834 either. The log show "LCP is allowed to come up." and "LCP down". If it's failing at the LCP stage then surely the PPP configuration is pretty irrelevant to the problem?

Should I try and send this back to the ebay seller or is there anything else I can do? I have googled and can't find any solutions to this. I did find someone with a similar problem and they ended up sending their's back to Netgear, after Netgear trying to convince them that in fact BT were at fault, which they weren't.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Caravel

caravel said:
Hi
Should I try and send this back to the ebay seller or is there anything else I can do? I have googled and can't find any solutions to this. I did find someone with a similar problem and they ended up sending their's back to Netgear, after Netgear trying to convince them that in fact BT were at fault, which they weren't.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Caravel

Hi

I did a google and found an interesting thread here.

Its for a diff ISP but it does deal with your Modem\Router a bit with help and advice on what to do.

Might be of help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back