Diablotek 600w PSU -- Obvious fix? Dead?

Hello, first post here, but I am really stumped about this.

A couple weeks ago I bought a bare bones kit that included a 600w Diablotek PSU...

Long story short It didn't work at all, no fans, no beeps, nothing. So I tested it with another PSU and everything worked fine. I figured it was just defective and I exchanged it for a new one. Well, the new one still doesn't work and I am now thinking I did something wrong.

The PSU it worked with is a 500w with a 4 pin eps vs the new 600w 4-Pin/8-Pin EPS Connector.

I have tried using only 4 pins for eps and 20 for the mobo connection already with no result.

Connecting Power Supplies is usually foolproof, I was just wondering if anyone knew any stupid mistakes people sometime make before I send it back for another new one.

Thanks is advance.

I can't post a link to the Barebones, but I hope this will work:

tiger direct [DOT] com /applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1857703&csid=_22

I doubt you did anything wrong (it still works with a different PSU right?) Diabloteks are just absolute garbage, it is unlikely that the Diablotek PSU can actually output more than half its rating if it can even do that. I wouldn't worry too much, as long as the system works with another PSU just scrap the Diablotek and put something good in. Some good PSU brands I generally recommend are : Antec, Corsair (Except builder series), Delta, Enermax, FSP, PC Power & Cooling, SeaSonic.

The Diablotek is a decent power supply for a low tek machine. You don't want to challenge it much with high powered components, though. I suspect your problem is elsewhere. Either some device on your system is connected incorrectly, or something has blown out.

Have you tried booting with just your motherboard and memory, Diablotek, and hard drive.

If your memory is not properly seated in their slots, the computer will not boot... or if the cables are incorrect, or if one of the memory modules is bad.

You want to start out with the most simple install... A good processor, properly seated, with CPU cooler properly connected, one memory module of at least 512 MB, hard drive or CD or DVD drive with software to which you can boot as part of the test, and your Diablotek properly seated.

Then if it does not turn on, something is likely defective, and you might want to ask for assistance.

Back