TechSpot

Did a system restore and now my computer will not boot wtf?

By DarkDreth
Oct 4, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. This is a post on another forum. I'm starting to think its not with the hard drive now. I tried booting windows XP via cd and got this message:

Code:
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this error stop screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer: Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

Technical information: 
    *** STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF7934524, 0XC0000034, 0X0000000, 0X0000000)
    Of course the background is the blue screen of death... anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Everything is stock from Compaq except the video card which should not effect the installation of windows XP or keep it from running... Corrupt hard drive that needs replacing maybe?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.