Did my motherboard cark it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey TechSpot. I'm entirely new to this forum, be nice. xD

Anyway, just last week I decided to play Frontlines after finishing some assignments I had. The game is loads up, and then my house blacks out.
I thought it wouldn't be anything serious, so I waited until power was returned to the house, and I turned on my PC.
Nothing happened.
Well, lights on my case flicked for about a second.
I replaced the PSU a few days later, different manufacturer but same wattage (500), hooked everything up and turned on the PC.
My PC is now in a state of "laziness"; the fans start all through the case, all the lights are on, but no external devices are working (Mouse, keyboard, tablet, monitor) and my computer isn't beeping as it usually does when it POSTs.

I have tried multiple times to replug the molex cables and what not to see if that was where the problem lies, same thing.
I think my motherboard has fried, but replacing it would be a last resort, due to budget.

Thanks for your input.

Sounds like it did, unless you just had extremely bad luck and replaced the PSU with another dead one.

Just in case, you could try powering up a minimal system - nothing but mobo, CPU and RAM connected, but yeah, most likely the mobo is toast and it may have taken most everything else with it..

Ok, awesome.
Thanks for your help, I should be able to get a new mobo in a few weeks, at least it didn't fry anything else x]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back