Diff Mobo/CPU help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacal

Ok my monitor started acting funny, since it was plugged into a graphics card i decided to just without thinking fully take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard vga port. The monitor still never showed any better. I then decided to try a different monitor into the motherboard, and it worked fine. So yea i figure its the monitor has gone bad...but then i put another computer on the monitor that was showing bad and it showed fine. So i decided that before i put back the computer onto the monitor i would first try putting in the graphics card back into the system and trying it on the second monitor. Nothing happens, computer just wouldnt turn on for nothing, i strip the board naked, then put everthing back on, still nothing, i left out the battery for 6hrs and put it back in still nothing, i tryed a different power supply still nothing. I think the only thing i have not tried is using the restart button as the on switch :( ... i just really need help please anybody.

Possibly your power supply has gone bad. When you attempt to turn on the computer, watch the power supply fan with a strong light. Does the fan blade turn a 1/4 or 1/2 turn then quit. That is an easy indicator. You can buy a power supply checker at CompUSA and other computer stores for $10 to $20 depending on the brand. Or you can exchange the power supply with another borrowed from one known to work from another computer.
Usually, you need to replace the graphics card, then re-evaluate the monitor. However, you need to evaluate the motherboard and other components, such as hard drive, memory,CPU...
If you have an eMachines desktop, or a basic home computer such as a Dell 2200 or 2300, or a basic Gateway, you may have unfixable problems.
Double check all your cables to assure none have pulled loose. Then begin an assessment of components. If you have a floppy drive, locate a Windows 98 or MS-Dos boot floppy. Disconnnect your hard drive, and attempt a boot to the floppy. Remove some of your memory. Try again. Keep attempting fixes that are using the least number of resources to see if you can get that unit going.
Good luck. Please let us know what you learned.

Well this is my fault. Well you see i live in Jamaica so those stores are not out here, there is a computer store that usually has all the those parts listed so I will have to try them. As for the power supply, it doesnt budge not even one inch, I did however take the advice of checking the board cord connections and all of them are secure, I even found the manual for the board (K8M200 V1.0 ECS board 775socket) and check the connections several times to ensure their accuracy and it still would not power up. I am going to try the graphics card in another computer and see the result, and the OS is Windows XP Pro and i will also try a different power supply and see te result for that as well. Thank you for the help thus far.

In regards to my previous post...

lol something really funny that i overlooked :eek: ...it turns out that i never put back the cmos jumper back to the original position i left it in the on pins 1 and 2...i really need to start university :stickout: ...thanks again for the help though...much appreciated.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75916.html

Yep placing the CMOS battery correctly did the trick :D ... the system is powered up and running smoothly now :p heh so funny how the one connection can mess it up so bad, but then again i am new to this whole thing. I will bookmark the sight if i ever need help or can help in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back