Different BSoD, unable to startupp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimboso

Hello :) I have been reading here, delivered my PC to support, read countless of
tech forums and asked around to all my friends, but I still wont get things to work.

I started very long ago, that my PC sometimes did not boot, the screen just stayed
black. I can hear all the fans starting, some beeps from the motherboard and
some red lights that are shining on my graphic card.

When I do get the PC started I can get different BSoD. PC is totaly unable to start
now and the screen always flashes so quickly that I can't always see what BSoD it
is.

My hardware sounds:

Asus m4n 78 Pro motherboard
/v American Megatrends bios, uppdated.
2x Corsair Value pack 677mhz 2gb ram ( 4gb total)
1x AMT Athlon 64 AM2 4200+ 2.2 ghz CPU ( I think i got it right;) )
1x 750 Watt Corsair Power Supply
1x XFX Ati Radeon 4870 HD, XXX ultimate edition, factory overclocked (1gb)
1x WD 250g harddrive ( dont know more, sticker is gone )

Graphic card, RAM, PSU and CPU have all been tested in another computer. Also ran a memtest for 24 hours which told me it allwas fine.

My computer casing have USB and Sound ports in front which are NOT
connected, I don't have any Webcams, microphones or anything installed. Just the
uppdated drivers for the motherboard, graphic card and sound driver ( Via HD
audio Device, intergrated soundcard in themotherboard ). I have a PnP usb
mouse and a ps2 keyboard.

I have gotten both the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod,
BAD_POOL_CALLER, BAD_POOL_HEADER and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

What strikes me is that every piece on my PC is less than 3months, except the HD
and CPU which is a few years old.

Now to more explaining. When the PC starts it runs fine ( Tempratures around
40-55celcius). I can browse the internett, play flash games and stuff. But if I start a
fullscreen game like WoW, CoD, Bad Company 2 or browse a lot of websites at
the same time on google chrome it will crash. I've tested to reinstall windows, it is
fresh, + drivers and + WoW. I have tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall ( IRQL
BSoD), I bought new psu when I got MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and I bought new

Ram as well.

What puzzles me is that when I turned my PC in to the computershop where I
bought it and bought the new hardware they could not find any errors on it. I told
then how it happened, when it happened and gave them all driver CDs, both my
Vista and Xp DVDs as well.

The BSoDs have happened both on Xp and Vista, and also during installing Vista.
All operating systems are 32bit but they told me at the shop that if I remove 1
piece of RAM so that it is less than 3.x ram it goes fine, which I did. But I still get a
BSoD when installing them now.That is when I can get to the Windows installing
part. Mostly screen just stays black and nothing happens.

Motherboard bios setting?... then this may be caused by a bad or corrupted device driver

So a bad / corrupt driver can stop the PC from even loading BIOS? Because in most cases not even the BIOS will load upp. I only installed the drivers from the webpages of the manufacturers, and I assume those where the latest versions. I also downloaded the latest version of BIOS and installed it from a USB stick. ( Which was cleaned for all files except the .rom bios file )

Can it be that my hardware does not work so well together? I got help from the computer store to handpick the hardware so that it would fit together.

As it is now I can't start it at all, I am trying to install Windows 7 64-bit to see if that might solve the problem. I heard Win7 is good with handling driver errors and can sometimes fix those by itself.

As it is now I can't start it at all...

Bad hardware, how are you going to install any operating system?

Win7 is currently instaling, perhaps I was bad to explain. Let me elaborate. I could not get into windows at all, it either froze during startup, BSoD during startup or did not load BIOS at all.

What piece of hardware do you think it is? The harddrive? Since most other parts are new. While instaling Win7 it is very slow copying files extracting files... (more than 5min per %)

After reading your original post once more, I think the motherboard is at fault... Has it been installed correctly, meaning all standoffs are set for the correct motherboard mounting holes? There are no missing standoffs or extra mounting standoffs installed where there are no mounting holes?

When I swapped the motherboard I installed it after the installation guide that came with it, and mounted it so that it did not bend, stretch or anything like that. It fit right into the computer casing and there are no need for any violance when I plug anything in to it, should I try to remove it from the casing and the re-mount it? Or is it allready broken due to faily mounting?

As it is now with Win7 it seems to actualy run smooth, I've been aple to play video games for a few hours now. What I did notice however is that the old Windows Vista I used was a disk that came with another PC we have, thus it was preset for that PCs hardware. I always uninstalled the drivers included with it and installed new (to oppdate). I know I am a computer illiterate but now that I installed Win7 Ultimate 64-bit both startupps and using the PC have been smooth. It may also be that I uppdated the BIOS again to the newest one that I could find, usnig a USB flash stick and having the .rom file on it and doing as the screen prompted me to do.

What I did notice tho is that my harddrive only say that it have 232.9 gb free when I installed Win7, but it is sopposed to be a 250gb drive. It said 232.9 when I was prompted to chose partision to install windows on and that....

"What I did notice though is that my hard drive only says that it has 232.9 GB free when I installed Win7, but it is supposed to be a 250GB drive. It said 232.9 when I was prompted to chose partition to install Windows on and that"....

The 232.9GB is normal for a 250GB after formatting. Did you properly apply thermal compound between the CPU and its heat sink? If the motherboard boots normally into Windows, it is probably installed okay

It's also 232.9 before I format it if I understood it right, but ok.
Yes now after I installed win7 it have booted into windows all the times without problems. It's just 5 times or so, i haven't tried more than that. I am at work at the moment. It makes me believe it was driver-error or something.

One thing I also did was moving one of the RAM slots to another slot.
I have 2 yellow and 2 black slots. the yellow one are next to each other and the black one next to eachother. Like YYBB. But they are called |A1|-B1| |-A2|-B2|.
(Yellow slots) (Black slots)
For best performance should they be fitted into the A1 and A2 slots, or A1 and B1? And if I want to use 4 RAMs should the 2 that are equal be in a1 / a2 or a1/b1?

Follow the memory slot colors. Fill the 2 yellow, then for 4 memory modules, fill the black slots... A1 A2, B1 B2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back