Different BSODs in Vista, minidumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

arex1337

It crashes pretty randomly, and I get a variety of blue screens. I can't read anything useful out of the minidumps, but I'm not very good at reading them. I have run memtest without finding any problems.

5 last minidumps attached.

OS Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version: 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz, 3166 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS STRIKER II EXTREME ACPI
BIOS Revision: 0704, 21.05.2008
Graphic cards: 2x XFX Nvidia 8800 GTX
Sound card: Creative X-Fi Fatality

I looked at your first 5 minidumps (by the way, you can Zip 5 minidump files together in one Zip file) and either they are 0x50 or 0xA errors which normally point to hardware errors though antivirus software can be a cause.

One of your 0x50 errors cited pool corruption which points to bad drivers corrupting the driver pool.

Run ChkDsk.

Scan for viruses/malware.

How long did you run MemTest?

Run a full harddrive diagnostics.

Didn't help :(

Did a full virus check and chkdsk. Didn't help. Latest minidump attached. What to do next?

PS: Memtest ran one full pass.

Another 0x50 error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

MemTest must run for at least a minimum of 7 passes.

Also, did you run a full harddrive diagnostics?

First of all, memtest documentation says you can be pretty sure the RAM is good after one pass, but they also say it doesn't hurt do run it over night just to be sure. I can probably do that.

What do you mean when you say a full harddrive diagnostics? Are you talking about a program, a method, a Windows feature or something else?

EDIT: I've also uninstalled my anti-virus software and I'm hoping for the best :)

Well here is the thing about MemTest. Bad RAM has been known to pass it.

Your harddrive manufacturer will provide a free diagnostics utility. It is a great tool to have and it is good to run periodically.

Another 0xA error citing a core Windows driver which is a good indication of hardware error but not always 100%.

Also in the mix was driver LCDmon.exe driver for Logitech G-series LCD Monitor or Logitech LCD Manager belongs to the software G-series Software or Logitech G-series Keyboard or Logitech G15 Keyboard or lcdmon.exe.

Perhaps you need to update your Logitech drivers.

I'm running Memtest86 now and will let it run while I sleep. I'll post again in 8 hours. If there are no errors I will try and uninstall my keyboard lcd app.

Running memtest for 9 hours, I discovered 1 error. Now I'll just figure out what pair it is, and return them.

I think the one pair of memory sticks is better than the other, but I still get crashes. The last one was REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. 5 latest minidumps attached.

have you updated graphics card, monitor, sound card, and chipset drivers since updating to Service pack 1.

I know quite a few people who started having issues with differend drivers after, most were solved by updating one of the above drivers.

No, did a clean install of Vista after getting new hardware. Have all the latest drivers. No beta drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back