TechSpot

Different BSODs on Windows 7 64 bit

By Jinandtonic
Nov 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hello everyone. I recently did a complete restore of factory settings for my HP Pavilion 190-a computer, which is about 6 months old. It started freezing randomly, so I followed the advice of HP technicians and the freezing seems to have stopped. However, now I'm starting to get Blue Screens, I think they always happen while I'm on the net (I use Firefox, by the way, Internet Explorer was causing the freezing so I stopped using it). I've attach the minidumps now (in 2 parts so as to not exceed file size), I hope someone can help.

Attached Files:

2. Jinandtonic

Jinandtonic Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

Bump. Anyone?
  3. Jinandtonic

Jinandtonic Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

Had a couple more 3b blue screens over the past few days. I've checked the Event Viewer and sometimes,close to the times of the blue screens there's an error and it says:
    Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
    Feature: Behavior Monitoring
    Error Code: 0x80004005
    Error description: Unspecified error
    Reason: The filter driver requires an up-to-date engine in order to function. You must install the latest definition updates in order to enable real-time protection.

Could it be connected to the blue screens?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.