Different Coding in the "Meeting Spot" Forums

captaincranky

Than the rest of the site (forums).
For example, you can't open the thread you're editing in another tab via clicking it's own link. (the hyper links dead end a tab sooner at the topic link, not the thread itself) I hope I explained this in a comprehensible way

I find it helpful to open the thread I'm working on in another tab while I'm compiling a post to, for example, grab quotes for insertion, or smilies during an edit. I just mention this for clarities sake. Or perhaps to make myself feel better by admitting to a muddled, perhaps backward style of working.

I may be the only person that wants to do this, so I'm not complaining, simply curious.:confused:

Oh, I was also unable to insert a very long product page hyperlink in "Meeting Spot", but in the main forums in went right in, no problem.

Sorry but no I can't really understand what's the problem (or difference in coding) here :(.

Bear with me Julio, I may have had a really bad senior moment. I still don't think I could insert a really long Hyperlink into a thread in the "Meeting Spot" area. I'll try again and also think before I post, sorry to bother you.

I'll try to Be Breif, Please bear in mind I'm nowhere near Good At It...

1. There are 2 air compressor treads
One in "Meeting Spot", https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123082.html
Another in "Chips, Processors, and Motherboards"
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic124212.html

I posted two links into C, P & M, no problem The second link was a compressor search page, very, very long.
It still pasted successfully into the C,P & M thread, but no such luck in Meeting Spot.
At least I think that's what happened. Actually, that's what I hope happened, since I don't want to sound crazy, well, at least not crazier than usual.:eek:

OK, Update. If I bore you with things you already I'll apologize up front. But, here's my story and I'm stickin' to it, well, unless somebody threatens me. This will explain some of the things I'm talking about. but, I have to cop to the responsibility in the process.

I run Firefox 2 as a browser, with "No Script installed". Techspot is obviously white listed. But, I don't give any other approvals normally. However, when I want "smilies" "yahooapis.com" requires approval. When this is running it also has the effect of rendering editing of a post title impossible. This is an odd interdependence, or at least it seems odd to me. I don't know what else results from the yahoo scrip on/off configuration.

Is the "H" always Capitalized......?

You're on me for a red underlined word? that's cold! I probably have one of the lowest redline count per rant in Techspot. FF doesn't agree with my usage of the compound form of "red line" though.

No it's never capitalized. I have accidentally done that (on purpose) to emphasize "thread" Seeming you have 2,294 posts, I thought I'd let you know.

Anyway, all solved now?

Since there were two compressor threads and I was back posting to the earlier one, couldn't you cut me some slack, since it could be argued that I was "retreading" the earlier one? My "H" key had a flat?..... phew.....,bad air compressor pun alert.

Actually good point. Why are there two threads? And why is one in the meeting spot? (by the way these questions are rhetorical)

I'm going to put both threads in "General Hardware" and combine them, and post reply so everyone knows.

Done :) Here it is: Air compressor

Back