Different colors on monitors

By lopdog
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi!

I use my laptop with an external monitor, both running 1920x1080 resolution. But I find the colors slightly different on the two monitors. How can I adjust the colors from within Windows? (The menu of the external monitor has no color options enabled in RGB mode (I use a normal VGA cable to connect the monitor).

Should I adjust the external monitor to fit my laptop's color, or vice verse?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

I would adjust the external monitor to match the laptops LCD screen
  3. lopdog

lopdog TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 295

That's what I thought too. But I guess I have to do this with some kind of software, because the monitor has no options to change the color. Can Windows do this?
  4. WinXPert

WinXPert TS Guru Posts: 445

If your Have NVIDIA, go to NViDIA Control Panel | Display | Adjust desktop color settings
  5. lopdog

Yes, I have NVidia. Will do that, thanks.
  6. lopdog

Thanks, but this is not because of a problem with the cables, the colors of the two monitors are only slightly different tones, I guess it's because they have different sizes and different manufacturers.

I have adjusted the external monitor using Nvidia control panel, the colors are better now.