Different problem - resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnrtool82

Sorry about making so many posts, but i'm having troubles and looking for answers as i try to figure it out.

whenever i plugged the s-video into my computer, my computer used to detect it and adjust and automatically clone the screen to the tv. that doesn't happen anymore. the display on the tv is also full-screen, but the tv is hd. perhaps it's my imagination, but can the computer (video card?)/tv realize that it's widescreen? or is the cable the problem? basically, i want an actual clone in that my laptop is widescreen as is the tv i'm trying to hook it up to. the overclone doesn't make the width any greater. any help would be appreciated, thanks

There is no way to detect the properties of the TV set over S-Video. You would have to force the S-Video output to widescreen in your display properties. Also, S-Video is not really meant for HDTV and the output (if possible at all) would be poor quality.

yeah, i understand that the quality would be significantly lowered, but i'm not looking to do too much with it. that said, how do i change s-video properties to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back