Different request

circusboy01

Hope this is the right forum.
I downloaded this thing called Fences. It lets you fence off your desktop icon into groups. Like all your anti malware over here and all your browsers over there.
I've got mine arranged in 11 boxes. trouble is I have a blank spot in the box I'm using for my Virus and Malware protection,because I have an uneven number of them .I need one more. I have : Ccleaner, SpybotS&D, Spywareblaster, ESET Online Scanner, Hijack this, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, EASUS Data Recovery, and Avast. I need one more to make an even 10. Thus filling up the box evenly.
Can anyone think of one I don't have yet? Thanks CB P.S. almost forgot it has to be free.

Since you ask for opinions, mine is that filling a blank spot on the Desktop might not be the optimum criterion as to one’s need for additional utility software, but you do say that yours is a different request. Being of such opinion, I place my often used tools of a kind on a row on the DT, while the less frequently invoked ones at the end of the row but in a folder which can hold any number, even or odd, or prime at that. I’d further consider that Ccleaner and EASUS Data Recovery belong to a different group than the anti-malware tools, but again this is strictly personal classification. Probably this deviation of opinions is due to the fact that you are a dogs person and I a cats person. ;)

However, not trying to be evasive, while at the same time not wishing to add further to the many existing threads on the matter, I refer you to the official list of this board’s recommended utilities, which list I consider both, better thought and easier to get thru than the said threads.

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Since you ask for opinions, mine is that filling a blank spot on the Desktop might not be the optimum criterion as to one’s need for additional utility software, but you do say that yours is a different request. Being of such opinion, I place my often used tools of a kind on a row on the DT, while the less frequently invoked ones at the end of the row but in a folder which can hold any number, even or odd, or prime at that. I’d further consider that Ccleaner and EASUS Data Recovery belong to a different group than the anti-malware tools, but again this is strictly personal classification. Probably this deviation of opinions is due to the fact that you are a dogs person and I a cats person. ;)

However, not trying to be evasive, while at the same time not wishing to add further to the many existing threads on the matter, I refer you to the official list of this board’s recommended utilities, which list I consider both, better thought and easier to get thru than the said threads.

https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Bobcat; your right about Easus and Ccleaner. They do belong in a group by themselves. But they are things that help me keep my PC clean and running well.
So in that sense they do belong in the same group.
You say I'm a dog person,and you are a cat person. Actually I'm a both person.
Maybe thats why I haven't decided yet where to place Easus and Ccleaner.:)
Thanks for the list. CB

What a dummy I am.I had the box sized so there was a row of 5 and a row of 4. Thus the blank spot. I just reconfigured the box size to 3 rows of 3. No more blank spot.

Back