TechSpot

Difficulty with ISP

By Maurice
Nov 15, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just booted up,. got on to OE alright, answered some e-mails, they were sent OK, closed OE, clicked the"E" for Explorer, the head banner came up, but that was all, the hour-glass stayed, & stayed, I went & did some chores, five minutes,....still the same, still one green bar on the progress indicator.
    Pressed the re-set, went through it again, still hung-fire, eventually I was able to go to the top R/H corner, & close the window.
    A notice said "this programme is not responding, return to programme or exit", I chose exit, because when I chose return, the situation was still the same, no movement.
    This sort of thing has happened before, a while back, & it righted itself, but if it doesn't?, what is going on do you think?, the usual comment is "don't use IE" but I don't want all the hassle of changing over, no matter how easy it is.

Maurice :confused:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.