Digital and Analog sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

king21092

Such a simple question, but Google just isn't doing the trick.

Is there anyway for me to use Analog and Digital(optical) sound outputs at once.

For instance, a while ago I could plug in 3 different audio devices through the 1/8" audio cable in the back. Ofcourse, it was all analog then. Now I'm wondering if I could have the Digital(optical) going to my HDTV(HDCP) while having the Analog going to my computer speakers and my stereo.

Note: I'm trying to do this on Windows 7 Ult dispite what the computer specs say.

the GA-P35-DS3L uses the Realtek ALC888 Audio controller, it should work just fine but i cant test this to make sure

Well, I've tried (what seems like hundreds of) different combination of settings and I just can't seem to get both to act like the "Default playback device" at the same time. I can get sound from each one, but only if I set it to the default. I wonder if there is a way to set it for two default outputs.

Dustin, the link you gave me is a bit suspicious if you was me.
It's realtek.com.TW

A bit odd if you asked me, so I removed the .tw and it turns out to be the same page. Looks too risky, but anyway.

I went to Gigabytes website and found the latest sound drivers as well as new chipset drivers. I also used @bios to update my bios. Everything runs fine, but I'm still stuck only able to use one type of output.

realtek is the company who makes the on-board sounds for most motherboards. the driver on Gigabytes website are not always up to date i just use the ones at realtek.com. im not sure if i can help you now

After some more investigation, it seems that realtek.com.tw is actually their real website. Why it's com.tw is beyond me.

Proceeding to download the drivers now and check those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back