Digital output, 5.1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0ke

I got a Creative Inspire 5.1 speaker system a few days ago. I connected it to my digital output (with the suplied mini-din cable). the probelm is that my sound cards apps (Creative SB Live! Value), only supports up to 4 speakers, and therefor the only sounds coming out of the digital output is the rear channel or nothing. Is it possible to get 5.1 audio out of that output? i probably need a different app to control it, but what app? I'd like to get the exact same sounds out of both outputs too, except that the other one will be digital. I'm using the two-speaker alternative now, and i get sound from all speakers, but it's not surround. Do i need a new sound card?

You could try this

It's a plug in for Windows Media Player.

I also have used the new WinAmp which has 5.1 support....

That wasn't quite what i was looking for, but thanks anyway. I found a sollution, I'm using the s/pdif output with an RCA cable now, and it seems to work fine. I can't tell if the sounds are 5.1, because creatives programs don't play any sounds through s/pdif. At least my decoder changes to Dolby Digital automaticaly now when I watch a DVD with 5.1 sound =)
I'm gonna get a new sound card soon too, hopefully it will have coaxial and/or optical output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back