DIR-825 B1 Port 0 and 1 show as closed, not stealth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all!!

I have a question to pose.

Beyond 3rd party firmware,
is there a way to stealth port 0-1 on a
DIR-825 B1 Port 0 and 1.
I have owned a number of Dlink gateways,
and I could always get the settings to stealth.
Port 0-1 is and issue with this router for stealthing.
any ideas?

have owned:
DI-604
DI-634M Wireless 108G MIMO Router
DIR-825 A1 F/W 1.01

All have been stealthed.

Dlink per fourms claims this is a non-issue due to
device is not a TRUE FIREWALL.

If a port can be found, closed or not, sooner or later
some one is coming in on another port. :(

Welcome to the forum with you very first post! :)

Did you just purchased this router?
What are you using to test to see if the port is stealth, closed, or open?

Yes, I have purchased a
DIR-825 H/W ver:B1

Here are links to more info on same subject
just copy and paste into browser
B1 - SECURITY ISSUE - Port 0-1 shows Closed Not Stealth!TECHS THIS MUST BE FIXED
forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7565.0

In response to Lycan about B1 Security Issue
forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8180.new#new

B1 - Minor Security Issue - Port 0 & 1 report closed cont'd
forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8186.0

last post was 09/22/2009
still no resolution

have owned:
DI-604
DI-634M Wireless 108G MIMO Router
DIR-825 A1 F/W 1.01

All have been stealthed.

Yes I belong to that form also. I haven't been there since my DIR-655 A3 and it's crappy firmware hasn't been the same. I also own prior DI-704 series never had issues. I had also DIR-615 A1 faster router with 500MHz Marvel NPU 32MB of RAM, but that had issues so much that Dlink India Support said we don't support A1. DIR-655 A3 not even a year before the new firmware had screwed up the router. I had enough with Dlink with routers, I use their printer servers and no issues. I own two Belkin N Plus Gig/USB Storage Wireless Routers. The specs on the Belkin is better they use the same Gig Controller Chipset with 832KB packet buffer, Belkin use Ralink N/WPU 266MHz and 32MB for RAM. I use two of these devices to manage 802.11n in an older home. WAN is very fast. I've tested it against the DIR-615 A1, DIR-655 A3 results in the WAN side is 20% quicker.

If I was you, I would ditch (return it) the DIR-825 B1 as you know there is an issue DLINK is suppose to help you not be unhelpful. You either get Belkin N Plus or Netgear WNDR3700. Call it a day.

I know, But I actually purchased this for IPv6
compatibility.

I'm trying to see if I can to Beta for My ISP and get
them to bond more channels to my SB6120 for
beta testing of DOCSIS 3.0 in my area as well.

Any other suggestions on IPv6 capable wireless
router/gateways?

Are the items you mentioned IPv6 capable?

Thank you in advance.

I know, But I actually purchased this for IPv6
compatibility.

I'm trying to see if I can to Beta for My ISP and get
them to bond more channels to my SB6120 for
beta testing of DOCSIS 3.0 in my area as well.

Any other suggestions on IPv6 capable wireless
router/gateways?

Are the items you mentioned IPv6 capable?

Thank you in advance.

Same here IPV6 is what I use only on the Belkin N Plus support that right out of the box. Belkin just release 3 new wireless routers with built-in ANT. They're new so I haven't go any data on what's making them run inside. The best one has BT downloader feature that's about it.

If you find hardware V1xx you'll have some really good to work with. V2 is all-in-on Same on the Chip deal Supposly faster, but I stuck with V1 hardware. V3 suppose to be like what Cisco L-WRT610N uses for chipset. I only see V2 now.

Is this the new stuff?

Play Max Wireless Router
belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=509867

Looks good except no GB Cat6 ports indicated,
but all data is not accurate or complete.
Look at the range (0-100Mbps) lack of detail
Does not state IPv6 support.
Needs to be reviewed.

Could have potential.

Yes that's brand spanking new! Range is shorter than the prior Belkin N Plus is 1,200 square feet. Since the never released in the USA the Double Belkin N Plus (dual band version on N Plus) now you have these newer models. Before I would buy one of these newer routers I going to dig to see what on the PCB.

Play Max Wireless Router (F7D4301) - $129.99: Top-of-line "premium" model adding QoS and BitTorrent downloading
Amazon pre-order site: but has a lot more info with pictures: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...11189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B003CJTNLS

Two dual-band 802.11n radios for simultaneous 2.4 and 5 GHz band operation
10/100/1000 WAN and LAN ports
Two USB 2.0 ports
"Print Genie" app for easy wireless printing
"Memory Safe" app for automatic backup to attached USB drive (FAT and NTFS formats)
"Music Labeler" app that automatically identifies and labels your music
"Daily DJ" app that automatically creates personalized playlists
"Music Mover" app for streaming to UPnP AV / DLNA devices like Xbox 350 and PS3
"Bit Boost" app for data traffic prioritization
"Torrent Genie" app for automatic BitTorrent download

No IPv6 support on new belkin routers

No IPv6 support on new Belkin routers per Belkin tech support.

Subject
Support for IPv6 on the Play Max Wireless Router

Does the Play Max Wireless Router support IPv6 on the WAN side, LAN side or both.

Thank you in advance.

Discussion Thread

Response (Santosh B.C) 04/05/2010 10:38 AM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Belkin Technical Support.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We understand that you want to configure the router with IP V 6 Ip address.

We are sorry to state that Belkin router can only be configured for Internet protocol TCP/IP version 4.

Thank you,

Should you have any further questions, please take a moment to review our Knowledge Base at belkin.com/support or let us know.

Please ensure that in order to reply to this email, or access any attachments, you must follow the link shown above and click 'update' at the bottom of the email to be able to respond. Do not reply as we will not receive your email.

Santosh B.C
Technical Support Agent
Belkin Technical Support
Customer (C. M.) 04/03/2010 06:30 AM

Repeated post, but good to know before you buy. They still sell the Belkin N+. I leaning at the Cisco Linksys E3000, but I am not leaning at the price tag of $179 for it. WAN to LAN to WAN should be 600-700mbps as that is where Gig performance is usually is. Some might hit 800mbps at a price though. 802.11n should be roughly 100mbps to 150mbps out the 300mbps chipset. Most today are 65mbps. Lots of connections cause speed to vary in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back