Direct Draw Problems please help if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having problems with direct draw recently.I had the problem once before and it only got fixed after i had my hard drive wiped and formatted. Im not sure what caused the problem cause it just sort of happened out of the blue. the problem happens wiht diablo2, warcraft3, anarchy-online etc.
My specs are:
600Mhz Celeron
192Mb Ram
Nvidia 32mb Tnt2 or integrated intel 815 chipset ( It makes no difference)
I'm not sure of what my motherboard is.

Heres the error message:
Anarchy Online gives me the message no D3d compatible devices found.
diablo2 and Warcraft 3 give me the message "Unable to initialize direct draw"
and when I run the program to detect avaible video modes none are there.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it, and yes I have reinstalled Directx and the graphic drivers.

Any help is appreciated

run dxdiag

in the minumum requrements of ur game check if it satifies ur config?

check dxdiag, check whether the sirect show option is enebled or not
if it is enabled try testing it there is an option there. :suspiciou

If the problem was fixed before by a reload, we have to suspect drivers or configuration.

check DXDIAG like indian said and make sure nothing is off.
Check in Device Manager at all your video settings and make sure everything is set right in the various tabs. Look at the Driver Details tab and make sure it lists the latest driver you put in.
Are you getting your video driver from nVidia? Or just like, Windows Updates? Cause you want to go on to www.nvidia.com and get the driver from them.
Make sure your onboard video is disabled and off.

Check your game's settings, usually they have video options in there as well for Ddraw and so forth. Make sure the settings are not to high. Cause remember, just because you have the latest DirectX, doesn't mean your little TnT card is gunna handle it. Turn the settings all the way down and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back