Direct X 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

agronick

I have not yet bought the graphics card for the PC I am currently building. I want to be able to run Vista on it and do lots of 3D gaming. Most games after vista will use direct x 10. Does anybody know when direct x 10 graphics cards will be out?

So far, most people have no idea. But an estimate is AFTER AM2 is released (June) But some people think 2007.

Nvidia said they'd release their next-gen card in H2 2006, but with Vista (And thus Direct3D 10) postponed until january, who knows.

Of course, they could do as ATI did with the 9700 series, and release it before the new DX version is out.

What is certain is that you will not see it before the end of the summer.

Are you talking about the hardware or the software?

I just want to know when hardware supporting DX10 will be out so I can be ready for Vista.

Hardware will be supporting DX10 and Windows Vista when DX10 and Windows Vista is released, get that in your head because there would be no point of Windows Vista and DX10 being released without anything supporting it, that's simple logic. 'Course I can be wrong.

I have already posted this before! Nvidia said publicly that their cards, the 6000 series and up will be able to run DX10, and Vista!

Right... sorry for my ill-mannered manners. It just 'suddenly' happens to me sometimes when I see people asking the same questions. Not saying that you are but before I went into your thread I went into a bunch of threads with the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back