Direct X Problems on Windows XP x64

By me(who else?)
Oct 27, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I installed Windows x64 on my machine a few days ago, and everything appeared to be all and well, so I installed Unreal Tournament 2004. I forgot to uncheck the box for "Install DirectX", and after the install I couldn't run it in D3D mode. It shows the NVidia Screen, then it loads to a blank screen with full sound, and I can even click on buttons if I find them by sound. I installed all the patches, even the x64 patch, and it runs under OpenGL. HL2 does much of the same thing, displaying the loading screen, but then showing a somewhat surreal version of the menu screen, without text or a skybox.

I fear I may have messed up Direct X. Is there a direct x download for x64? I checked the disk, but there doesn't appear to be a standalone executable.

My Specs:
    Athlon 64 3000+
    Nvidia Geforce 5200+
    512 Mb RAM
    80 GB HD
    WIndows XP x64 Professional Edition
    Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 Motherboard (with AGP and PCI-E)
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

if there is- only M$ would have it.
  3. me(who else?)

me(who else?) Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 433

I checked the MS website, but no dice. Also (READ: Hijack my own thread), is there a way to make HL2 run in OpenGL (dumb question).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.