Direct X10 on Windows XP

By hemant1827
Aug 24, 2008
  1. i have heard from my friend in russia that one of his friends had been able to install direct X10 on xp............
    he told me a little about a SDK to install it.................
    can anybody explain me, how to install the same...
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

It can be done, but it doesn't perform the same and is really not worth all the bother. Stick with what you know.
  3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Well currently I'm running XP with DX10, so far no issues at all. Not a single crash anymore ( I used to get tons with XP), everything seems stable and smooth (and of course much faster than Vista lol)
  4. hemant1827

hemant1827 TS Rookie Topic Starter

are u sure???
    does directX10 delievers the same as in ur xp...
  5. wolfram

Well I do not have a DX10 card, so I can't comment on the DX10 performance. However it is extremely stable, I haven't had a single crash since I reinstalled XP.

The performance on Dx9 games is completely normal, and I know it's weird, but I've noticed better textures on some games (FEAR, Need for Speed)
  6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

wolfram, could u tell us how to install it?
  7. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 TS Rookie Posts: 212

DX9 on both vista and Xp is the same so i don't know how you would get better texture quality unless your runnning in dx10, you sure it's not a placebo with having DX10 installed.
  8. wolfram

I'm really really sure. I especially noticed it on NFS: Porsche Unleashed (OLD game lol). Under DX10, the dashboard textures look pretty normal, but on DX9, I don't know why, but they are blurry and low res...

Weird indeed....

BTW, I got it from a friend, seems it was posted on a Russian site.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.