Directx 9.0 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had sims 2 for a while its worked fine but now im getting a message saying failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaters in this system! etc. My system is windows vista home premium (6.0,build 6001) model hp dv6500notebook pc, bios: ver 1.00 PARTTBL, processor: intel celeron m cpu 530 @ 1.73ghz, memory 1014 mb ram, 1228mb used, 1060mb available, directx 10

mobile intel 965 express chipset family, dac type: internal, approx total memory 251mb, display mode:1024x768(32bit) (60hz), monitor: generic PnP

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks for replying

On that site on the select software page if it says current next to the certain drivers does that mean its already the one i have or its the current driver available and i should download that?

Sadly Hp haven't got to the stage of autodetecting if your drivers are up to date

That site is just showing the currently available most up to date drivers

So do i update everything that says current or just the graphics part? And is the nvidia geforce 8400m/8600 better than the intel 965 chipset family one that i have?

i swear i been trying to find answers on this since the time i woke up this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back