Directx 9.0c graphic adapters for unknown parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashxb

Okay so i read the thread posted a couple of years ago which is very similar she posted that she bought the sims 2 and in order for it to work you need to have DirectX 9.0c but after downloading it, it still didnt work and after reading posts I figured out that i need a graphics adapter or driver or something but when i do the dxdiag it says that my video card stuff is n/a or blank? I'm frustrated I have the sims2 and I cannot play it which is a waste of a lot of money. someone please help.

Chances are your PC or laptop simply does not meet the minimum requirements of the game, apparently the graphics adapter. If possible, you will have to install one that does or get a better PC.

Keep in mind that before buying any game you should read the minimum specs listed on the game box or game website and make sure your PC meets them. If your PC meets the recommended specifications, that would be even better.

I'm guessing you have integrated graphics which is not meeting game requirements. To confirm, try downloading a stand alone program called SIW and run it. It does not have to be installed. Just double click on the siw.exe file and look in the left column for "Video," click on it and see what it will list.

Okay, I probably should have mentioned the following, When I got the computer which it isnt new its a frankenstein. Anyways when I got it in september it ran and played all of my sims 2 games fine. Until my computer started clicking I assumed it was the hard drive I then had it confirmed that it was not, it just needed to be formatted so i formated it and now the games will no longer play?

When you reformat the hard drive, you have to reinstall all the drivers; motherboard, graphics card, sound card, etc. Have you done that yet?

Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website, locate and download the appropriate drivers. If the PC was made by a major manufacturer like Dell, HP, Gateway, etc., go to their website for the drivers. Depending on the graphics card maker, you can go to their website for graphics drivers.

okay I need to now if I can open my computer and look inside to find out what mother board I have? because I do not think it's listed in the dxdiag

okay I see a black chippy looking thing that says via, a smaller one that says ITE actually theres a few diff chippy things that are black that say VIA and one that says PC tel does this help at all?

Look for a brand name and hopefully a model number on the board itself rather than on a chip (those small square or rectangular soldered on things). Some brand names might be MSI (Microstar International), Asus, Intel, Gigabyte, Foxconn or Abit to name a few.

its a soyo computer theres a code thingy inside that says sy-k7vme but I cannot see any other names and the processor is amd athlon thats all I got :( besides the many black things that say VIA

Bingo! Your motherboard is a Soyo SY-K7VME. Go to this page: Click here. At the bottom of the picture, click on "Support," ignore the BIOS downloads and download and install the first two drivers. You only need to download the third driver (VIA USB2.0....) if you have Windows 98SE/ME/2000.

I don't know if the VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 driver has the onboard graphics driver in it but after you install it you can check dxdiag and see if it is recognized. If not, we may still be able to find the graphics driver at the Unichrome site.

However, unless you have a separate graphics card (your motherboard does have an AGP slot), the Unichrome integrated graphics will probably not run Sims 2. Try it and see though.

Thank you so so much it works but the graphics are a little weird, okay I have one more cry out for help lol if you could help me that would be amazing okay I'm looking for the same driver for a Gigabyte or GA 71XE4 I'm looking but so far I've had no luck thanks so much if you can help me :)

According to this Gigabyte page Windows XP already has the chipset drivers for that motherboard. For other operating systems there is a driver on that page.

I found everything I need Both of my computers are up and running and I have sims running properly again thanks so much for your help its greatly appreciated!

You got the motherboard drivers but did u get updated drivers for your video card and all your other hardware? I see u mentioned something about graphix looking funny is why i ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back