TechSpot

DirectX 9.0c Graphics Adapter Help!

By harved2
Nov 7, 2007
  1. Hey,

okay i dont know much about computers all i know is that every time i try to play the sims 2, a little dialog box pops up saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this computer! Please make sure you have the latest drivers provided by the manufactureer. The application will now terminate." my computer is a 2005 (microsoft) windows XP. I used the diagnostic tool thingamajig, and a screen shot is shown below:

[​IMG]

And this is the other Diagnostic Info:

Computer Make/Model: Dell Dimension 8400
    Processor/Speed: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory Amount: 510MB RAM
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

my Computer recently had windows Re-installed because a new motherboard was fitted by Dell.

Help Please!!!!!!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just go to the Dell website and download and install the drivers for your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

There is no graphics driver installed. You should either contact Dell and complain that they haven't done a proper job or Google and get Everest home edition and use that to find out what graphics card you have in order to find a driver for it.

4. harved2

harved2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your help =]

But, which Drivers is it i need? The Video ones?

5. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Video, graphics, same thing, so yes.

6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,670

if u will get Everest home edition, it will tell u which video u have and then u can figure out the driver.

7. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Go to Dell's website and find the model of you PC. Then download the drivers for it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.