Device Type: Full Display Device (?) + Computer NOT processing superior graphics like it used to

Let's get right to it,

I believe I have accidentally deleted something (related to graphics) of Nvidia from the computer. From that day on, from being able to process graphically demanding games like Red Dead Redeption II without a sweat, my computer can no longer run something it was able to with efficiency. At the moment the graphics are in a deplorable state and it is also tediously slow. I am not a computer expert but I believe the "Device Type" information via "dxdiag" (DirectX diagnostic tool) is supposed to represent the GPU, and "Full Display Device" doesn't seem like it has any.

I'm not sure how I am supposed to get it back to normal. I have redownloaded Nvidia of the newer updates although it doesn't seem to fix anything. Also the system is 64 bit but the display is 32 at the moment, if that is a correlation. The computer's system information should be attached in the form of images if you should refer to it. This computer hasn't even been in use for 2 years yet. I've tried Avast or CCleaner as a precaution although it doesn't fix the problem after freeing a bunch of memory space by removing junk and it does not seem like the computer is overheating.

Please let me know what I can do

thank you very much

Attachments

• SYSTEM.png
    SYSTEM.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Display I.png
    Display I.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Display II.png
    Display II.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 14
The 32 bit refers to the colour settings - and that's completely normal. The DXDiag info doesn't show any issues either. It's unlikely that you've deleted something that affects the graphics performance, as it will either work or fail to start altogether, if any such file is missing.

Your computer has an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card, which is right at the bottom end of the scale for graphics performance in Red Dead Redemption 2 (note in our review of the GTX 1050 Ti it performs slower than a GTX 1060, which performs relatively slowly in RDR2).

So it's possible that a setting has been changed in the game itself, possibly raising the graphics level too high for the 1050 Ti. Try turning the settings, in the game, down to their lowest values and see if that helps at all.

Another possibility is the graphics card itself is overheating or failing in some way. Download a little program called GPU-z:

It can monitor what the graphics card is doing, as it's being used.

2020-04-12-image-5.jpg

You want the tab labelled Sensors - if the card is working normally in a game, then the GPU clock should be around 1300 MHz and the temperature less than 80 degrees Celsius (176 Fahrenheit).

Doesn't entirely explain the fact that a lot of older games I tried used to run fine. I don't think the settings for all games have changed coincidentally at once. one problem I'm getting is also the fact that my system update is stuck. I waited over 24 hours, something is trying to update but it won't work. a friend recommended I check something related to BIOs but I don't quite know what to do. and the computer is extremely slow by itself without the game. Sending Task Manager info your way.

Attachments

• TM I.png
    TM I.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
  • TM II.png
    TM II.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 6
Ah, so it's slow all the time - apologies, I interpreted the situation as just being in RDR2. The 1st Task Manager image doesn't suggest anything unusual, but the second one does - which process is requiring 100% utilisation of the hard drive? You can order the list by clicking on the hard disk column header, like this:

tm_example.jpg

From there, you should be able to kill the process by right-clicking on it, and selecting End Task.

Back