TechSpot

DirectX error with The Sims

By NinjaDude5186
Mar 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I got Sims 2 a long time ago and it was running well the whole time. I got back on it yesterday and it still worked just fine. When I tried to get on it this morning it gave me this error
    Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.
    I have Windows XP
    I have a Nvidia Graphics card, not sure which one and my driver is Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS.
    Please Help.

2. DevilDevansh

DevilDevansh TS Member Posts: 48

ok this is your ans right click and select properties and then compatibility tab and tick- run this program in .....- and then select different compatibility modes on the basis of trial and error method.
    best of luck :D
    and yeah dont forget to say thanks in case it works

3. DevilDevansh

DevilDevansh TS Member Posts: 48

ok this is your ans right click and select properties and then compatibility tab and tick- run this program in .....- and then select different compatibility modes on the basis of trial and error method.
    best of luck :D
    and yeah dont forget to say thanks in case it works