Directx help req (with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Built a new pc - all is fine apart from a directx issue. Games appear to play ok but video is dark and slow usless unless I turn down the hardware acceleration (which solves it)

I have included below screengrabs from directx that I hope someone can see whats wrong.

Have downloaded the up to date Nvidia Geforce drivers (9.147) and Directx 9.0c

Realise a solution is to leave hardware acceleration turned down but surely this is not the best solution?

Should I try an older directx? Do I need to enable directdraw in Bios or something?

I look forward to (any) advice

G
X

PS - have tried reinstaliing directx and rebooting 3x!

screen04pq0.jpg

screen03hj7.jpg

screen02qz0.jpg

screen01cq7.jpg

Yeah, the VIA 4 in 1 drivers. You can get the latest ones HERE. You'll need to reinstall the video card drivers after installing them.

VIA's site seems to be down, you can install the ones from ASUS and update them later if you want.

So wanted this to work but after installing the via 4in 1 drivers, has no effect. Any other ideas I could try would be welcome

Try updating or reinstalling DirectX. Even though the file version and the file size match mine, for some reason the file dates aren't right. I've found sometimes that it goes through the motions of installing, but actually doesn't do anything. Scroll down to the files in the screenshot to see if they match.

Also, check the Device Manager, and under System devices see if you have an AGP v3.0 controller listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back