DirectX issues Sims 2

Okay, Tech stuff first.....
AMD Athlon II X3 450
Processor
3.21GHz 3.25GB RAM
E drive:1TB Maxtor (where all my games are obviously)

Windows XP
Version2002
Service Pack 3

ATI Radeon HD 5450
AMD Athlon (tm) II X3 450 Processor

Hitachi HDT721010SLA360
Maxtor 6Y 120M0

Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system. Make sure you have direct x 9.0c compatible graphics adaptor and you have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufacturer.

I looked and I do have DirectX9 installed, I can play Dragon Age Origins & DA 2, Sims 3, Mass Effect, Neverwinter, EverQuest 2 .........BUT not Sims 2???? Am I missing something here, possibly something simple? Nah, when I bork, I bork well. Any help/advice/suggestions appreciated. And I see that I'm not the only person with this issue.

Am I missing something here...
Yes, you are. Read the error message again. It's not saying you don't have DirectX installed. It's saying you don't have a compatible graphics adapter. In other words a graphics card. Rightly or wrongly it's saying your graphics card is not sufficient for or supported by the game or if your graphics card is sufficient, the graphics driver is out of date.

Try installing the latest graphics driver. Be sure to uninstall the old driver first from Add or Remove Programs not just from the Device Manager. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it after the graphics driver update.

Urmmm, okay old age has finally caught up with me. Will do first thing in the morning AFTER celebrating our Anniversary is over. I might do more damage than I intend at the mo, but many many thanks!! (y) ;)

You might want to use Revo Uninstaller to remove the drivers just to make sure there are no remaining old files in the system before you do a driver update. Good Luck and please keep us posted on your progress. :)

Back