DirectX problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been using WinXP until yesterday. Now i have Windows7 with DirectX version 11. The problem is, i cant play Warcraft 3 anymore, there's always this dx error. I think it's because Direct3D isnt enabled, but the thing is, I can't activate it. On dxdiag all the DirectX features are 'Not Available'. I'm using radeon 9200 graph and I have all the latest drivers.
Can I somehow downgrade to an older dx version? (W3 requires 8)

Windows 7 is fully compatible with older versions of Direct X. You should not be having this error. When installing the game don't select installation of Direct X. I'm assuming that the problem is caused because you're trying to install older versions of DX.

Also, have you installed the correct drivers for your GPU?

ive tried installing older dx versions after this error so i dont think thats the problem(unless i accidentally chose to install it during w3 installation). ive downloaded the drivers for win7 32bit and installed them yesterday, but it says version: 6.1.7600.16385, date: 14.7.2009. 1:25:51. does that mean i havent installed them correctly? ._.

Do not try installing older versions of Direct X. It's not necessary.

I just checked that the Radeon 9200 does not have Vista or Windows 7 drivers available. So your card is not supported by the OS. From where did you get your drivers?

However, you may read this.

i got them from driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%209200&By=ATI&SS=Windows%207

i guess ill have to follow the procedure described in that link
thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back