DirectX problem

By Tyler3234
Aug 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. video card :geforce6200
    windows: XP sp3 home edition

k so i been trying to install direct x 9c for awhile now.... when i click run-->dxdiag it says my directx edition is 10.0. (i know right -__-) then when i go to my video card control panel it says directx runtime version 9.0, and below that it says "directx support 9.0c" i have tried installing 9c but it just doesnt seem to work. -__- any advice? here a pic of the stuff :D

video card :geforce6200
    windows: XP sp3 home edition

k so i been trying to install direct x 9c for awhile now.... when i click run-->dxdiag it says my directx edition is 10.0. (i know right -__-) then when i go to my video card control panel it says directx runtime version 9.0, and below that it says "directx support 9.0c" i have tried installing 9c but it just doesnt seem to work. -__- any advice? here a pic of the stuff :D

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Tyler3452/yeppppo.jpg

*yes i know i am pretty out-dated, but this computer isnt half bad to be honest.*
  2. Rabbit01

Rabbit01 TechSpot Booster Posts: 888   +39

3. Tyler3234

Tyler3234 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Exactly my point! i was like "how do i have directx 10 -__- " but yeah, i tried installing that, i think that itself installed two things, but didnt change to 9c. so yeah im in a pickle.
  4. Rabbit01

5. Tyler3234

ok so umm, i did the uninstall thingy.. and it says i dont have a directx anymore.. and in that post thingy it says my computer was suppose to reinstall directx 8.1 which it didnt.. and i have tried the link above to redownlaod it... and i cant find any -__- oh i get an error when i try installing it lol
  6. Tyler3234

nvm i fixed it :D thank you for your help man!
  7. Rabbit01

Ok. So now you have 9.0c installed? What about dxdiag, does it still show DirectX 10?
  8. Tyler3234

we are good, it shows 9.0c but my video card still says "runtime version 9.0" so idk about that ;/
  9. Rabbit01

Don't know, but if you're able to run whatever program that requires it, then it should be fine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.