Disable Direct x 10?

By HDD123
May 15, 2009
  1. I was wondering if i was able to disable direct x 10 on my Hp Dv5z laptop. I heard vista and direct x 10 can make games slower and i want to dx10. My laptop has a hd3200 (mid end igp, low end overall gpu) an amd turion x2 @ 2.0 ghz and 3gb ram. And will i see improvements in cod4, combat arms and bio shock??? (on low of course)
  2. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

DirectX: frequently asked questions:
    Do I need DirectX?
    Yes. DirectX allows you to use multimedia software with complex sounds or moving images. DirectX is included with this version of Windows and with most of the games that require it.

Where can I get DirectX?
    DirectX comes standard with this version of Windows, and also comes with most of the games that require it.

Which version of DirectX do I have?
    At a minimum on this version of Windows, you have DirectX 10.

To check which version of DirectX you have
    Click to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Click the System tab, and then, under System Information, check the version number.

Can I uninstall DirectX?
    No. It's an integral part of the Windows operating system and cannot be removed.

*Copied from Windows Help and Support. Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to see if it is functioning correctly.
  3. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd TS Rookie Posts: 204

you cannot disable it, only the game you play sets it eg cod4 always DX9, Bioshock can be chosen DX9 & DX10

JOEBROWN TS Rookie

it cannot be removed bc its part of windows.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.