Disable pop-up windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey

How do you disable pop-up windows during browersing the intenet
I have internet 6 and windows xp
Thanks

There are loads of pop-up blockers out there on the internet, as I use Google a lot I downloaded their toolbar which includes a pop-up blocker which works well for me.

Erm, I have not heard of Internet 6, I think we are still on Internet 1

If you on the other hand mean Internet Explorer 6.0 then you could start cleaning out your computer of all SPAM by downloading updaing and running ad-aware: www.lavasoft.de

Next you can for example install the google toolbar or alexa toolbar, they will allow you to block popups... There are other additions also but I have not really tried them... www.google.com www.alexa.com

I use Opera myself, it gives me the choice to open only popup's I request to open, i.e. ones I click on like when I sign into my bank and so... www.opera.com

Can you disable pop up menu control panel, services, messenger,
and click disable.. does this work?

This disables the Windows Messenger service (nothing to do with MSN Messenger) and its popup windows. It will not affect the popups you get from Internet Explorer and other lousy browsers.

If you go into IE under tools/internet options and security tab click internet and then click custom levels and under active scripting in the scripting section. click disable

cool

CrazyBrowser works well for windows xp systems.

Blocks all pop ups, and features tabbing instead of opening a whole new window.

Originally posted by Per Hansson
Erm, I have not heard of Internet 6, I think we are still on Internet 1

Actually Per - I do have Internet2 here at work - but it only connects me to university and government sites.

You should try Netscape 8.0 ... it has a built in pop-up blocker. It's kind of hard to find on the internet, but it does exist. I use it all the time and I haven't seen a pop-up since I got it. It also has a download manager which has some useful features (especially for people like me who can't remeber where they saved something).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back