Disabled VIDEO ADAPTER help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glowingnissan07

alright, i got windowsw xp and a dvd-ROM. One day while trying to shut of the TvOUT function (so that Cyberlinks PowerDVD would work) i shut off the video adapter card by going to Display Settings, Advanced, Adapter Tab, Properties and disabling it, thinking that it might be the thing im looking for.

Now, when i boot up ,i get up to the Windows XP loading screen, but after that, pitch black. Windows still works, and i do get sounds from it, but im blindsighted.

Its so hard to tryi to enable the card using the keyboard! I searched the openboards and found the same situation for a person named Veri. SPike gave him directional keystrokes like

Hold the Start Key, and press R. This will bring you to run program. type "devmgmt.msc" and press ENTER...

blah blah blah until i got to HOld Alt + A to bring up the menu on the device, press down, and then enter. Thats where he left off. According to the cues given by my PC, i seemed to be doing it correctly, but my situation hasnt changed. During a series of trials, i get up to that last enter, and ill hear the "microsoft Question box" sound, so i know there's a dialog box which will say "Are you sure you want to disable this device?"

THe next trail, or every other time there is not question sound that comes, nor any dialog window according to my knowledge, but hey, i cant see the freakin screen.

My guess, the question box is disable, and when it doesnt do it ive enabled it. But even after i enable it, i restart and nothing's happening. Perhaps there's a series of keyboard paths i can take to get to Advanced Display Properties and enable it that way, b.c underneath device manager it doesnt seem to work.

MY head hurts from banging in on my desk so much, so yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,
My first thought was to enable the on screen narrator, but that doesn't work as well as I had hoped, and I can't find a shortcut keystroke to narrator. You can run it by pressing windows + R, then type narrator.exe, then enter. I tried to get to my display adapter with it, but it didn't work very well, you have to click objects to get it to say what they are.

Another option is install a pci graphics card to get a display to enable your original card. Not sure if that would work or not.

Have you tried removing the graphics card,then reinstalling it to see if it will redetect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back